Connect with a global community of students and computing professionals to exchange ideas and learn.
- Network, engage, and collaborate with other students and professionals in computer science and other technologies. As a student member, you can access competitions, scholarships, grants, and awards and take advantage of the opportunity to connect and engage with engineers and researchers at 189+ conferences worldwide.
- Local Student Chapters provide student members and other colleagues a place to come together to help advance their field, exchange ideas, share their experiences, and build career-long relationships.
- Put your skills to the test by participating in an IEEE Computer Society sponsored student competition like the Global Student Video Challenge and IEEE GameSIG. These are not only a great opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in class, but to also build a strong resume.
- Among the most valuable benefits student membership provides is full access to the IEEE Computer Society Digital Library. Gain access to exclusive research and insights in computer science and engineering whenever, wherever you are.
Tech News Topics
- Build Your Career Webinars These monthly interactive webinars allow live viewers to ask questions directly to speakers on careers paths and tips to practice their soft skills.
- Tech News for Career Development Visit our blog specifically tailored to help computer science and engineering students like you start their career. Read interviews from top tier professionals like Susan Landau.
- Workshops and Mentorships at Conferences An open secret among the community are the unique opportunities found at our conferences. Visit our calendar to find a conference in your field. These often contain eduational workshops and mentorship programs everyone in their early career can benefit from.
- Student & Young Professionals Activities Committee Check out what the committee is working on and join their micro-mentoring program.
Student Awards & Scholarships
US $40,000+ are available to computer science and engineering students every year.
We host 3 awards dedicated to honoring student members with academic and volunteering achievements. These are open to both undergraduate and graduate student members.
Learn about tips and guidelines for applying to awards and contests.