Deepen your software engineering understanding in 15 key knowledge areas, including standards and best practices as defined in the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK).
- What is Software Architecture in Software Engineering?
- Software Requirements Specifications
- Why Software Design Is Important?
- The Importance of Software Testing
- Guide to Software Operations
- What is Software Construction?
- What is Software Maintenance?
- What Is Configuration Management and Why Is It Important?
- What is Software Engineering Management?
- The Software Engineering Process: Definition and Scope
- What is Software Quality?
- Software Engineering Economics and Declining Budgets
- Software Engineering Models and Methods
- Software Engineering Professional Practice
- What Is Software Security and Why Is It Important?
With technology developing rapidly, it can be a challenge to find time to stay current on the trends influencing research.
ComputingEdge frees up your time by curating articles from 12 Computer Society magazines, featuring the latest research developments, trends, and changes in computing technology.
Pick an article from below when you subscribe to ComputingEdge:
- “Coping with Technological Shifts: Organizational Actions to Adapt to IT Infrastructure,” IT Professional
- “Threat Modeling Tools: A Taxonomy,” IEEE Security & Privacy
- “Hypergraph Learning: Methods and Practices,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- “Cybersecurity Best Practices for CISE Programs,” Computing in Science and Engineering
Focused on computer science and engineering, the IEEE Computer Society Career Center makes it easy to search and apply for open positions in research and industry.
Search a spectrum of more than 8,000 topics in engineering technical domains.
The computing industry is a major contributor to global carbon emissions. Sign up to receive updates on resources, events, and volunteer oppotunities led by the IEEE Computer Society to expand efforts in green tech.
Quantum computing researchers continue to make breakthroughs with industry applicability. Connect to resources and updates on how artificial intelligence is leveraging quantum computing.
Check out the benefits included in an IEEE Computer Society membership, along with resources that support your career at every stage.
Attending IEEE conferences is an opportunity to learn about the trends impacting research and meet practitioners in your field. Start planning which technical conferences to attend this upcoming year by searching top computer science conferences, or look for a specific conference in your region and field.