The Industry Advisory Board works to build key relationships with industry and academia to facilitate cutting-edge information and knowledge resource benefits for the Society’s membership and users of technology and technology information world-wide.
The IAB’s mission is to help the Computer Society critically examine the organization’s business plans and practices and to offer advice and assistance to ensure that the IEEE Computer Society is a relevant professional association for the entire computing profession, including engineers, researchers, practitioners, and academics.
Governed by its charter and mission, the IAB works in an advisory capacity separate from, but in collaboration with, the IEEE Computer Society’s governance, to guide the development of Society products and services.
Current advisory board members:
- Mr. Rich Belgard, IAB past Co-Chairman (2015 – 2017), Computer Hardware, Independent Consultant
- Mr. Rufo De Francisco, IAB Chairman (2018 – 2020), Director, Software Quality, Intel Corporation
- Dr. Zoran Dimitrijevic, Software Engineer, SAP
- Ms. Sandra Forney, Director of the Engineering Center of Excellence (eCOE), Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems
- Dr. Jun (Luke) Huan, Director, Baidu Big Data Lab, Baidu Research
- Dr. Stephen D. Huffman, IAB past Chairman (2008 – 2011), Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, MITRE Corporation
- Mr. (Hsien-Hsin) Sean Lee, Deputy Director, Design and Technology Platform, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
- Dr. Ike Nassi, CEO & Founder, TidalScale
- Gretchen Peacock, Senior Manager, Collaboration with Engineering and Program Operations, Lockheed Martin
- Dr. Jim Pinkelman, Director of Microsoft Research Connections
- Mr. Shmuel Shottan, IAB past Chairman (2013 to 2015), Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Hitachi Data Systems
- Dr. Alan Skelley, IAB past Co-Chairman (2015 – 2017 ), Software Engineer, Google, Inc.
- Dr. Linda Rosenberg Wilbanks, Director, IT Risk Management Group, CISO, FSA, U.S. Department of Education
Ex officio IAB members are the IEEE Computer Society governance leadership:
- Melissa Russell, Executive Director, IEEE Computer Society
- Cecilia Metra, President, IEEE Computer Society
Past IAB Members
- David R. Bernstein, Managing Director, Cloud Strategy Partners (2008-2009)
- Avijit Biswas, Private Industry Consultant
- Nick Bowen, Ph.D., Vice President of Software Appliances, IBM Corporation (2008-2012)
- Victor Manuel Cortes-Galvin, Private Industry Consultant (2012-2014)
- Deborah Dunie, Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, CACI International, Inc. (2010-2014)
- Atsuhiro Goto, Ph.D., Professor, Graduate School of Information Security, Institute of Information Security, Japan (2008-2010)
- Dr. Steven J. Hillenius, Executive Vice President, SRC & Executive Director, SRC-Global Research Collaboration, The Semiconductor Research Corporation
- Tony Hey, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Research, Microsoft (2009-2010)
- Harold Javid, Director, External Research North America & Global Programs, Microsoft Research (April 2011-2012)
- Gargi Keeni, Ph.D., Vice President, Tata Consultancy Services (2008-2011)
- Ms. Cheryl McIntyre, Director of Complex Systems, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Dr. Dejan Milojicic (advisory, special guest)
- Dr. Santosh Kumar Mohanty, Vice President & Senior Executive, TATA Consultancy Services, Ltd.
- Tirumale (TK) Ramesh, Ph.D., Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, Amitra University, Bangalore Campus, India (Former Boeing Fellow for Advanced Computing, The Boeing Company, Washington DC) (2009-2011)
- Bill N. Schilit, Ph.D., Google Research, Google, Inc. (2008-2009)
- Brian Stevens, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Red Hat (2008-2012)
- Neil Siegel, Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Northrop Grumman Information Systems
- Henry Tirri, Ph.D., Senior Vice President and Head, Nokia Research Center (2009-2012)
- Jeffrey J. Wilcox, Vice President of Engineering, Lockheed Martin Corporation (2008-2011)