Your Quick Index to a Jump to a Section Below or to a Page:
- IEEE Computer Society Sponsorship
- Conference Development Solutions: Conference & Event Services | Conference Publishing Services | Conference Registration Services | Sponsorship Collective | Enhanced Marketing Services | Exhibit Sales and Sponsorships
- Resources: Policies | Financial Resources | Industry Engagement | Conference Organizer Roles and Responsibilities | Conference Promo Kit
- FAQ and more: Conference Calendar | Logos Usage and Download | IEEE Computer Society Brand | Certificates | FAQ
IEEE Computer Society Sponsorship
Consider an IEEE Computer Society sponsorship or cosponsorship to give your conference the added boost of the world’s leading organization for computing professionals. Sponsorship requests should be submitted 12 months prior to the meeting start date.
For all returning conferences, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible. Please be prepared to provide the conference title, dates, location, and the General and Finance Chairs’ names.
If you’re unsure of the assigned meeting planner or technical committee, please contact email@example.com.
Conference & Event Services
IEEE Computer Society Conferences & Event Services provides professional meeting planning services from start to finish. We partner with your organizing committee to bring your conference goals to life. Let us apply our expertise and strategic guidance to help ensure the success of your conference.
Get expert help with our professional conference planners.
Registration services can be coordinated through Conference Registration Services. For more information or to obtain a quote, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference Promotion Support
The Computer Society would like to help in promoting your sponsored conference. We can help promote events through our various social media channels, magazine and web advertisements, etc. Please contact your assigned meeting planner.
Conference Publishing Services (CPS)
Put your conference on the map and on a mobile app and ebook when you partner with the IEEE Computer Society’s Conference Publishing Services. Your conference papers deserve the widest possible exposure and recognition. You need a conference publishing service with the expertise to help you reach that goal. We offer capabilities that no other publishing service can match. Get concierge publishing services with CPS.
These policies guide our sponsored conferences.
- Technical Meeting Handbook
- Technical & Conference Activities Board Handbook
- IEEE Policies Handbook (pdf)
Sales Tax Exemption and VAT
The Computer Society is sales tax exempt in the 18 States listed below. Please consider the benefits of sales tax exemption in these states when beginning site selection. More information is available on US Sales Tax Exemptions (IEEE) and you can review exemption certificates.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
For international conferences, some countries require VAT or GST payments.
- Tax Information for IEEE Conferences (from IEEE)
- Canadian Tax Information for IEEE Conferences (IEEE)
Engaging industry in academic conferences is a win-win experience for both academia and industry.
Conference Organizer Roles and Responsibilities
- General Chair: Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the conference as well as selecting the conference location and appointing the chairs of the other committees.
Ultimately responsible for the success of the all aspects of the conference, program/content, finances, etc.
- Finance Chair and Treasurer: Responsible for the financial validity of the conference. Creates and manages the conference budget as well as responsible to issuing payments,
creating financial reports and closing a conference within the allotted timetable. Also responsible for the final audit, if required.
- Program Chair: Ensures that a well-balanced, high-quality program is organized and presented at the conference. Handles the Call for Papers through the selection and review of
every paper. Assists in the scheduling of session rooms at the conference venue.
- Publications Chair: Responsible for the coordination of production of conference content (e.g., papers from special tutorial sessions or colloquia, summaries of conference papers,
programs, etc.) and serves as the point of contact for all IEEE Xplore submission-related inquiries before and after the conference.
- Publicity Chair: Promotes the conference through placements in various publication calendars and advertisements in IEEE and non-IEEE publications and news media. May also
develop and manage the website and any social-media applications.
- Registration Committee: Plans and runs conference registration (both advance and onsite) procedures and logistics, including handling of credit card fees, cancellation policy, and
creation of name badges; or, it manages a registration-management company.
- Exhibits Committee: Ensures proper handling of contracts, floor space, exhibitor registration, security, and other logistics; or, it manages an exhibits-management company.
Conference Promo Kit
Not sure how to promote your conference? Access our Conference Promo Kit which includes marketing ideas, tools, resources, and templates to help you start promoting your conference today.
IEEE Computer Society hosts many of the computing world’s premier technical conferences. Our nearly 200 conferences, workshops, and symposia provide venues for keeping abreast of new tech and building professional relationships. Search the calendar for conferences in your field.
Logo Usage and Download
Guidelines and logos for download are available only for IEEE Computer Society sponsored conferences.
IEEE Computer Society Brand Guide
The Brand Guide (PDF) provides basic usage guidelines for IEEE Computer Society branding and how to utilize them to create consistent communications.
A blank certificate template (.pptx) is available only for IEEE Computer Society sponsored conferences.
Conference Organizer FAQ
How can I find my assigned meeting planner?
Find your conference on this list and refer to the assigned conference planner.
Does IEEE Computer Society provide support for contracting and site selection?
We will be happy to work with you to accommodate your preferences for location, facilities, and vendors. However, IEEE will not honor contracts entered into by individuals who are not legally authorized to do so by IEEE. Please contact your assigned conference planner or email email@example.com
Where can I find IEEE and IEEE Computer Society logos?
Where can I access the most recent Technical Meeting Handbook?
You can access the most recent Technical Meeting Handbook here.
Where can I find more information on conference closings?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I submit an application for financial sponsorship three years in advance?
If a conference has previously been approved for Computer Society financial sponsorship and, in prior consecutive instances, has not closed in a deficit, organizers can now submit conference information up to three years in advance. For more information, contact your assigned conference planner or email email@example.com.
Is there a listing of all IEEE Computer Society conferences?
Yes, you can browse the upcoming conferences schedule in our conference calendar.
Where can I find IEEE Computer Society branding guidelines?
View the IEEE Computer Society Brand Guide to learn about our basic usage guidelines for IEEE Computer Society branding and how to utilize them to create consistent communications.